Moses, being brought up in the house of Pharaoh and later on fled to exile for killing an Egyptian who was beating a Hebrew. And one day while he was in exile, tending his father-in-law`s flock, he saw a “burning bush.” And God said to him, I am going to send you back to Egypt to deliver the children of Israel (Exodus 2 & 3) but Moses saw himself as incompetent, a no body and made all the excuses he can, not to go.
Then God said to him, what is that you have in your hand? That is the question; God is asking someone today, what do you have in your hand? You see! It is never the intention or will of God that any man should come to His house without doing work. It’s God`s expectation that everyone who comes to His house should have a role to play because everyone has a potential, untapped resources, stored energy, and when you become a child of God, you have extra potential, spiritual potential. The thing is that many of us do not know that when we have faith, even as a mustard seed, when you can say to the mountains be moved and it will move, because all you need is in you.
Now, what Moses had in his hands is the same rod that Moses use used to cause a stir in Egypt, and the same rod Moses used to part the red sea.
God said to Moses, cast the rod on the ground, and he did and the rod turned into serpent, and then God said to him, pick the snake up by the tail. God asked him to pick the snake up by the tail because He was actually wanting to see if Moses had faith, and then God said go, for I will be with you, I am Almighty God, and I am more than enough for you, only believe in me, and do what I asked you to you. Brothers and sisters, all you need to do God`s work is within you. Everything you need God has given to you, you just make yourself available for God to use.
You see, everyone deserve a blessing, everyone need to be blessed, and it is good to be blessed and God blesses people. It’s good to pray for God`s blessing, in Genesis 22:17 God says I will bless you, in blessing I will bless you, I will not leave you nor forsake you. I who did not withhold Jesus my Only son from you, how would I not also give you the less important things. The bible says He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrew 11:6).
One thing we need to know is that there are things that God has blessed; there are things you will do that God has already blessed them and so you do not need any pastor to pray blessings because by the virtue of you doing those things, automatically blessings generates. As a Christian, if you use the potentials God has given to you to do good work, you do not need the blessings, or praises of anybody because you automatically inherit the blessings attached to that which you with all your heart.
God places opportunity in our ways to be blessed and He has given you the tool to be able to enter into these blessings. Therefore, you need to look for the opportunities, the things that please God and owe your life to it, do it with all your heart because God is a faithful God. God said for those who take Me seriously, I myself will take them seriously.
So what do you have in your hands? What is the rod in your hand?
1) You have the word of God. His word is a rod in your hand. It is power. It is promises of God (2 Corinthians 1:20 says His promises are Yes and Amen).
2) You have the power of prayer, power of agreement in prayer.
3) You have the Holy Spirit that makes everything possible and He is our helper.
4) You have your testimony.
5) You have praise and worship – its weapon of welfare.
6) You have talent, time, treasure, gift, divine wisdom, ideas etc. (Proverb 18: 16 says a man’s gift makes room for him and brings him before great men). Brothers and sisters, the truth is that every one of us have these gifts lifted above, now the difference between having and using it, is where there is a big gap.1 Timothy 4:14 says, do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership. 2 Timothy 1:6 says, therefore, I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. As a child of god, you are more talented so use your talents wisely, to glorify the Lord.
7) You also have a seed in your hand and what you only need is to sow it. The bible says God gives seed to the sower (2 Corinthians 9:10). The person who sows He gives more. If you have the seed and yet you are not sowing it, the seed may get rotten in your hands but as you sow, the Lord supplies the seeds and multiplies the harvest.
Do you value what you have? For Moses he did not even know his rod was a power tool, all he needed was to stir up the power in the rod.
Today what the Lord has given you, by the stirring of prophetic word to it and by the laying of hands, that gift will be stir up in Jesus name.
There different instances in the bible where God uses what you have to bless and one of such instance is when Jesus use 5 loaves and two fishes to feed the multitudes (Mathew 14;13-21). Many people think given is losing, No! Giving is not losing because each time you give you are blessed, the bible says it is more blessed to give than to receive (Act 20:35). When you give, something happens – it stirs up your blessings. Another instance is when Elijah used a small pot of oil, multiply it and then fill many others pots of oil (2 Kings 4:2).
Brothers and sisters, whatever you have is enough, because God is a God of multiplication and He will multiply that little you have and make it abundance.
What we need to know is that God meets us at the point of service. When we give our time, our resources to God He multiply it and bless us in return; therefore, it is good to give. Given is a state of heart and does not depend on whether you have or not, and it is only through giving that you can enlarge. In Luke 1:1-23, the bible tells us Zachariah and Elizabeth was already old and without a child, but guess what? It was at the place of their service to God that God in is infinite mercies remembered them and blessed them.
You just stay on God. He who calls you is faithful, and will surely strengthen you to do it (1 Thessalonians 5:24). Yes you can do it because all things are possible with God, and possible for them who believes (Mathew 19:26; Mark 9:23).
So use you potentials, your talent, your gifts to serve the Lord, it is God`s expectations that everyone who comes to His house will work for Him.
Pastor Wokomah (Sunday, 05 July 2015)
Remain blessed and have a wonderful week.